Railway Industry Association and London Transport Museum announce new partnership
18 December 2019
- London Transport Museum and RIA have joined forces to drive forward conversations about key issues impacting the rail sector
- Upcoming events will tackle the challenge of decarbonisation and the impact of the Williams Rail Review
London Transport Museum has joined forces with the Railway Industry Association (RIA) to launch a series of thought-leadership events tailored to the rail sector as part of the Museum’s Interchange programme.
Each year, Interchange brings together more than 300 senior business leaders, academics and policy makers to discuss and debate the opportunities and challenges facing the transport industry today and in the future.
This new partnership with RIA will see the Museum host debates on key topics including the challenge of decarbonisation and the Williams Rail Review.
Darren Caplan, Chief Executive of the Railway Industry Association, said: “We’re delighted to be partnering with London Transport Museum on a new series of thought-leadership events, exploring key topics in rail. It’s both an exciting and challenging time for the rail industry – the Williams Rail Review and Network Rail restructure, challenges to decarbonise and digitalise the sector and a need for more certainty and visibility in future workloads. So this new partnership will be highly valuable in looking into these key issues, combining the expertise of both RIA and LTM.”
Sam Mullins OBE, Managing Director of London Transport Museum said: “We’re proud to welcome RIA as a partner for our renowned thought-leadership programme, Interchange, driving forward conversations about key issues impacting the UK’s rail industry. Interchange will benefit from RIA’s long-standing expertise as the trade association for railway industry suppliers and offer its membership a new platform for cutting-edge discussion and debate.”
To find out more about London Transport Museum’s Interchange programme and upcoming events visit: https://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/interchange
Notes to Editors
- For media enquiries, images and interviews contact:
• +44 (0) 20 7565 7437
- In social media posts please tag:
• Twitter: @ltmuseum / @railindustry
• Instagram: @ltmuseum / @railindustry
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ltmuseum
- About RIA: The Railway Industry Association (RIA) is the voice of the UK rail supply community. We help to grow a sustainable, high-performing, railway supply industry, and to export UK rail expertise and products. We promote and represent our members’ interests to policy makers, clients and other stakeholders in the UK and overseas. RIA has 250+ companies in membership in a sector that contributes £36 billion in economic growth and £11 billion in tax revenue each year, as well as employing 600,000 people—more than the workforce of Birmingham. It is also a growing industry with the number of rail journeys expected to double over the next 25 years and freight set to grow significantly too. RIA’s membership is active across the whole of railway supply, covering a diverse range of products and services and including both multi-national companies and SMEs (60% by number). RIA works to promote the importance of the rail system to UK plc, to help export UK expertise around the globe and to share best practice and innovation across the industry.
- About London Transport Museum: London Transport Museum’s purpose is to ignite curiosity to shape the future. The Museum is situated in the heart of Covent Garden and filled with stunning exhibits which explore the powerful link between transport and the growth of modern London, culture and society since 1800. Historic vehicles, world-famous posters and the very best objects from the Museum’s extraordinary collection are brought together to tell the story of London’s development and the part transport played in defining the unique identity of the city. London Transport Museum’s thought-leadership programme, Interchange, offers a line-up of thought-provoking and informed discussions, debates and publications for leading thinkers and decision-makers to consider the challenges and opportunities facing cities, transport and infrastructure, today and tomorrow. Interchange is sponsored and delivered in partnership with international law firm Gowling WLG and transportation company Thales. London Transport Museum is supported by public funding from Arts Council England
- Tickets for London Transport Museum
• Museum open daily from 10:00-18:00
• Cheapest tickets available online – kids go free!
• Tickets include unlimited daytime access to the Museum for a whole year – visit as many times as you like to enjoy new exhibitions and family fun activities, including the new Hidden London exhibition
- Travel to London Transport Museum
• Address: Covent Garden Piazza, WC2E 7BB
• The nearest stations to London Transport Museum are:
- Underground: Covent Garden, Leicester Square, Charing Cross, Embankment, Holborn
- National Rail: Charing Cross and Waterloo
- Boat: Embankment or Westminster pier
- Bus: Strand or Aldwych
- Public information:
• For bookings, events and 24-hour information: +44 (0) 343 222 5000