About the RIA Annual Conference 2021
"Build back better. Build back greener. Build back rail."
“The RIA Annual conference this November is a great opportunity for the rail industry and supply chain to come together and discuss the challenges and opportunities for the future. And it’s a platform to discuss how we can build back better together.”
Andrew Haines, Chief Executive, Network Rail
Date and time
Thursday 4 and 5 Friday November 2021
London Hilton Bankside Hotel
RIA's Award-winning Annual Conference is a much-regarded highlight of the UK rail calendar and 2021 will be no exception. We are bringing back the in-person conference in order to give RIA members the possibility of meeting face-to-face with clients, industry leaders, influencers, international guests and policy makers. We will also allow people to connect remotely, through a livestream capability we are putting in place, for delegates to access the content via Microsoft Teams.
This year’s Conference focuses on the theme of “Build back better. Build back greener. Build back rail”. Over the space of two days, the programme will combine keynote speeches, panel discussions, interview sessions and unique networking opportunities, giving delegates the chance to connect with key industry leaders.
Last year's Annual Conference saw a number of senior players across UK rail and beyond taking part, including:
- Andy Byford, Commissioner, Transport for London
- Rail Minister Chris Heaton-Harris MP
- Shadow Transport Secretary Jim McMahon MP
- Exports Minister Graham Stuart MP
- Florence Eshalomi AM MP
- Andrew Haines, Chief Executive, Network Rail
- Mark Thurston, Chief Executive, HS2
- Sir Peter Hendy, Chairman, Network Rail
- Andy Byford, Commissioner of Transport for London
- Sue Kershaw, MD Transport, Costain
- Mary Grant, CEO, Porterbrook
- David Hughes, Director of Strategy & Programme, TfN
- James Bain, CEO, Worldline
"More so than ever, the rail industry must come together to address the challenges we face, so it’s fantastic that the Railway Industry Association annual conference is bringing together so many members. I’m really looking forward to speaking with you all and exchanging ideas on how we can ensure a safe, green, sustainable recovery from the pandemic and regenerate the UK economy."
Andy Byford, Commissioner of Transport for London - RIA Annual Conference 2020
Railway Industry Association: A Video Introduction / Annual Conference 2019
In February 2020, we celebrated our 145th anniversary with a gala dinner in London. This ITN video showcases a cross-section of our flagship events and you might just spot some familiar faces, too…
Annual Conference 2018
If you have any enquiries about the conference:
• Contact the Events team via email@example.com or 020 7201 0777; or
• Contact Membership Engagement Manager, Rose Garber, at firstname.lastname@example.org and 07824 665007, who can also help with sponsorship opportunities.