RIA Membership provides a host of benefits - from networking opportunities and an exclusive events programme to a voice at the highest level of government, access to our expertise and policy publications and a range of online services.
At RIA, we hold around 50 networking events a year, a number of which are exclusive to members. We hold regular briefings on key technical, policy and strategic issues in the industry as well as larger scale conferences and exhibitions. Our events are not only a good way to get up to speed with what is going on in the industry, but also great networking opportunities.
Our key events include:
- RIA’s Annual Conference in the Autumn – this is a major event in the rail supply industry’s business and social calendar; we are always joined by several high-profile industry leaders.
- RIA’s Innovation Conference in the Spring – a two-day event with interactive, plenary and networking sessions, plus an exhibition; this always attracts high quality participants, from within the rail industry, academia and beyond.
- Unlocking Innovation Scheme (UIS) Workshops are held in different locations around the UK every six months or so; they are free to attend and open to non-members.
Find out more about Events
With over 210 member companies, RIA represent a large proportion of the UK-based supply chain.
We produce a regular Members, Products and Services (MPS) booklet, our directory of Members. This is also available online for anyone to use and is shared at major events where RIA has a presence.
Find the Directory here
Our Interest Groups provide a focus for discussion of key issues affecting particular groups of members and are regularly attended by relevant key guests from other industry bodies, offering valuable engagement and networking opportunities. We call members’ meetings to discuss emerging important issues as they arise.
There are exclusive online communities for each Interest Group where like-minded professionals in the rail industry can share best practice and exchange ideas. As a member of RIA you can belong to as many online communities as you wish, where you can discuss relevant issues with your peers, find new ways to improve the rail industry and make business connections. Groups include:
COMMERCIAL / POLICY
- Infrastructure Clients Interface Group (ICIG)
- Trains Clients Interface Group (TCIG)
- Consultants Group
- Electrification Commercial Group (ElecCom)
- SME Group
- Light Rail
- Public Affairs & Comms Network (PACN)
- Safety, Standards & Sustainability Group (SSSG)
- Information Management (IMG)
- Infrastructure Technical Interest Group (InfraTIG)
- Electrification Technical Interest Group (ElecTIG)
- Signalling & Telecoms Technical Interest Group (SigTIG)
- Traction & Rolling Stock Group (T&RS)
- Vehicle-Track Interface Group (VTI)
Not a Member?
If you have a presence in the UK rail market, you are eligible for membership and could be benefiting from the range of services RIA provides.
Find out more about Member Benefits and how to join